You don’t have to go home after watching a beautiful sunset at Elk Island National Park. Consider staying overnight at one of our three camping sites with options to stay in a tent, RV, or the backcountry. Nestled in the Astotin Lake Area, the campground is close to the beach, soccer field, playground, golf course and theatre during the months of July and August.
Gather with friends and family around a warm bonfire. You may hear the wild call of a pack of coyotes or see the dancing glow of the aurora borealis in a starlit sky. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the park at night time.
Astotin Lake Group Camping area features
- approximately 24 unserviced sites suitable for tenting, trailers, campers and R.V.'s
- 100% reservable, Call the Visitor Centre to make a reservation.
- Water tap
- Firewood (permit can be purchased at the campground kiosk)
- Shared picnic tables and fire pits
- Facilities nearby (within walking distance)
- flush toilets
- covered cook shelters
- RV dump/fill stations
- Accessible washrooms with hot showers are available in the Astotin Lake Campground