Carson-Pegasus Campground is located in Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park. From Whitecourt, it is 6 km west on Hwy. 43, 11 km north on Hwy. 32 and 5 east on an access road. This large campground has almost 200 sites, both with and without power. There are lakeside, RV, and tent-only sites, with trees offering privacy, with a playground and beach close by. Enjoy fishing, swimming, hiking, and bird watching, or snowshoeing and ice fishing in winter.
- Classification Provincial Park
- Legislation Provincial Parks Act
- Park Size 2,988.97 Acres / 1,209.64 Ha
- Legal Boundary Carson-Pegasus PP
- Administration / Information 780-960-8170
- Regional Office Central Regional Office
- District Office Spruce Grove
- Natural Region Foothills - Lower Foothills
Natural Region Description
This park preserves mixedwood forests of aspen, balsam poplar, balsam fir and white spruce; willow/alder shorelines; black spruce bogs; sedge/grass marshes; and fens. The park is home to a wide variety of mammals and numerous bird species and is one of Alberta's most popular trout fishing spots. The park's seawall makes fishing easy for those without boats.